Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Love Halloween, But....


It's the day before Halloween and I can't put it off any longer... it's time to confess... I HATE carving pumpkins! I love Halloween, but I hate the mess of carving pumpkins. I'm not a clean freak or anything like that... I just can't explain why I HATE carving pumpkins, but I do! Every year I look for ways to get out of it... some years I let the kids paint their pumpkins with poster paint. I always try to set up carving night when Eric's available to help out, but for some unknown reason, he never seems to be available on that night. (He must secretly hate carving pumpkins too...) So, Ian just got home and reminded me that it's the day I've promised we'd carve pumpkins... in reality, I've probably promised them several nights over the last 2 weeks, but keep managing to stall it off. Last night I finally bought the pumpkins, but by the time we got home it was too late to carve. The pumpkins are still hiding in my car (I'm secretly hoping that they'll forget about them... but no, Ian remembered! Since Halloween is tomorrow, I guess I can't put it off any longer, but I sure wish I could get out of it! Am I alone in the universe with this, or do other people out there dread pumpkin carving, too? I just like having decorative pumpkins that don't ever get cut up sitting out. Maybe I should start a "Save the Pumpkin" campaign!!!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I hate pumpkin carving too. We didn't do it this year. Luckily my kids didn't even notice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails