Thursday, December 13, 2007

Oh Foggy Night....

I love foggy nights in December and I think I've seen a grand total of 5 since I moved to the desert. Yesterday morning we woke up to fog and it was awesome! Of course, I grabbed the camera to document this extraordinary event. My love for December fog goes way back... when I was a kid we would have big Christmas Eve celebrations at my grandmas house. Food like you wouldn't believe, her special handmade ornaments were opened that night, and Santa always paid a special visit (even though it's his most busy night of the year)! Sometimes we went carolling to neighbors and sometimes the neighbors came caroling to us! It always seemed magical when it was foggy on Christmas Eve (it happened pretty frequently) because of the Rudolph Song.... I guess since we were never going to get a White Christmas in the Bay Area, a Foggy Christmas Eve was a close second!

So I'm finally making Taylor a quilt for his new bed. A year ago, I painted his room with a cool BYU theme, but finding bedding to match was next to impossible. I did find a set of sheets that matched on clearance at Kohls last year, but still never found a comforter to go with it. Well, after a couple trips to the Fabric store with no success, I was in Walmart and found this fabric, pretty much by accident! It's not a perfect match, but it works well and it was cheap. So, I took the center piece (before it was all sewn together) and traced a giant "Y" in the center in the BYU style lettering. (Big thanks to Eric for "lending" me the company projector, so I could have the real "Y" to trace.) Yesterday, I quilted all along the outside rows where the blue and gold are seamed together and today (hopefully) I'm going to stitch the giant Y in the center. I hope it turns out good - I've had the idea in my head for months... it's just taken me a while to gather supplies and motivation to finish the job! Of course, quilting it isn't the end... I still have to come up with a plan for finishing the edges and I'm still undecided about how I'm going to do that!

Yesterday, Brayden decided to get in the spirit and unrolled a whole roll of wrapping paper on my family room floor - can you tell by the look on his face that he knows he's getting away with murder???

Things on my to do list today:
*gym... I should be there now, so I'm losing motivation fast on that one....
*wrap gifts for kids before they get "found"
*clean downstairs (my scrapbooking friends are coming in the morning)
*go to boat storage and bail out the cover - it's holding a lake of rainwater and needs to be "saved" before the cover is completely torn from the pressure
*fold 4 loads of laundry that are scattered all over my bedroom floor
*finish T's quilt
These are all things that must be down before 4 p.m. when it's time to start the kid madness - after 4:00 I have to:
*help kids with homework
*dinner, how does BK sound?
*be at Hancock by 5:45 for Ian's Second Grade "performance" (no idea what this even is!)
*jam over to Bogle at 6:40 for Taylor's band concert
*bring kids home and rush off to Drea's House for ornament exchange that starts at 7:30, but I will not even have a hope of getting there before 8:15..... it's going to be one of those days!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Wow, you are busier than me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails