Taylor had his second Track Meet yesterday afternoon. He ran the 75 meter hurdles, the 1600 meters (also known as the mile run) and the 400 meters. I brought my camera and all the younger kids to cheer him on.... (it will be the last time I bring Brayden to a track meet... it was a nightmare keeping him away from the track!) I have a soft spot for Hurdles...
when I was a junior in High School, I ran the hurdles. Ridiculous, I know... if you know me outside of cyberspace, you know I'm 5'3" and have shortest legs on earth.... why I ran the hurdles is still a mystery to me, but I loved it anyway!
After the hurdle race, I put my camera away... last week, I got some really good shots of Taylor running the mile, so I felt like I had enough pictures. Then, he was running the mile and on the 3rd lap I realize he's in first place. This is a good sign because he knows how to turn it on during the last 200 meters or so (and often passes other kids on the final 100 meter stretch.... ) so I dug the camera back out and got this shot of him
crossing the finish line in 1st place in the Mile Run! Taylor is definately a distance runner... he didn't do as well in the 400 meters. He keeps trying to tell his coach to put him in the 800 instead, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe after yesterday's performance, he'll see the light!
4 comments:
That's awesome! My son was in track one year... he ran the mile and came in dead last :) He's not a runner in general. Put him in a pool though, and he's pretty awesome!
Congratulations Taylor! I knew you had it in you. Now if you start eating a few complex carbohydrates, there will be no stopping you!
See if Taylor likes Wheat Thins, I brought a box with me every track/cross country meet. If I still lived in Chandler I would ask you for his schedule, I love track meets. I ran the 2 mile, mile, and 4x8 relay. Looks like they need a new track, the black kind.
Congrats Taylor!!! Awesome job!
Post a Comment