
There are certain things I dislike about Summer in Arizona. Yesterday was our first 100 degree day. It was actually a little late in coming, but it ended up way over 100 degrees to make up for it. Summer is officially here. UGH...
- I hate the crickets in the summer time... they invade your home and are so dang loud!
- I hate the cicadas.... they are worse than the crickets.
- I hate that it's "scorpion season".
- I hate the fact that I have to brush my teeth with warm tap water... cold tap water disappears for a few months around here
- I hate running my A/C 24 hours a day.... literally... it NEVER turns off, especially upstairs.....
- I hate the $400-500 electric bill that comes with A/C running (I try to keep mine at 82 degrees, lest you think I'm paying to "refrigerate" my house).
- I hate the continual sound of the ceiling fans in every room.
- I hate my eyes drying out from said ceiling fans...
- I hate baking or turning the oven on for even 10 minutes to warm up chicken nuggets and fries for the kids.
- I hate that my front door handle will burn your hand in the late afternoon on a hot day (it faces west).
- I hate that my garage is a continual "OVEN" for 3 months straight... it's often hotter in the garage than it is outside.
- I hate walking outside at 10:30 p.m., when it's pitch black outside and feeling like I'm in an oven.
- I hate the humidity that comes in July, August and September. Whoever said AZ has a "dry heat" was only talking about June.
- I hate that you can't swim at night in July, August or Sept due to continual lightening (that never brings rain with it....)
- I hate that you have to get out the door by 7:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning to get a parking spot at our favorite lake before it fills up for the day.
- And today, I really hate how everything in Arizona wears out in less than half the time it should. The heat and high temps just destroy everything. Case in Point: this morning Eric woke up to a flooding garage. Our water softener (another necessity in AZ) has a crack in it somewhere and was spraying a mist of water all over one half of the garage. Now I get to call Sears to find out if our $600 water softener that's less than 3 years old is still under warranty. Not sure why, but I doubt it.....
How's that for a "downer" post?
What do you really hate about summer?
7 comments:
You are right, especially about the last one. I am thinking about buying a trampoline, but I'm worried that it won't last very long in our backyard. Any tips for making it last longer?
Amen to all those. I hate sweating just to walk from my house to the car.
I'm a realistic person who at the same time is a big dreamer and pretender...this is not making any sense so what I mean to say is a great downer post every once in a while is just that...great. And who was it that was thumbs down on downer posts? Anyhoo I'm sure they'll get over it...
the heat and being hot and being fat, being fat in the hot weather, that totally sux!
Here is the dorky "construction girl" comment/suggestion: You can buy kits to insulate your garage door and it will make a HUGE difference in the heat that radiates into the garage from having a metal door - it is relativly inexpensive ($150?) and saves a lot of those items in your garage! :) Let me know if you want some help with it! :)
Well, since I live in the desert also, I can amen you on just about every thing on your list. We don't get the lightening though... except for the last few days... and I know there are scorpions around, but I've never seen one. We do get black widows... lots and lots of them in the summer
Everything you said...but it's all related to the heat. I'm a native, and I HATE the heat. I don't remember it bothering me when I was a kid, but I hate it more with each passing year. Wasn't last Thursday just totally awesome?
Post a Comment