
Eric and I went to see "The Dark Knight" today. Normally I won't go to a movie on opening weekend because I hate the crowds (and lines that form at least an hour before hand), but we made an exception for this one. We both LOVED Batman Begins and have been anxious to see the sequel. It did not dissapoint! Can a sequel be better than the original? Not very often, but in this case DEFINATELY! The casting on this movie was flawless... even the "new" Rachel was better than the original (sorry Katie....) The acting was supurb and the excitement was non-stop.
That being said, if you have kids that like Batman, be VERY cautious in taking them to see this movie. We did not take any of our kids (including teenage boy who really wants to see it) and I'm glad we didn't. It's extremely intense and not just in a "comic book violence" kind of way. I now understand why Heath Ledger needed sleeping pills to get any rest at night. His character was creepy, insane and ruthless. A radio interview I heard with a well known movie critic said not to take kids under 10 to see this. I would say 13. It's that intense... there are many very disturbing scenes that kids and even teens would be upset by (including a gunpoint hostage scene involving a child).
But, if you are a mature adult and love Batman, drop what you are doing and go see this movie. You WILL LOVE it!
7 comments:
I guess that counts me out! I don't do well with freaky movies. BW will have to do that one on a guys night:)
Arrg!! We wan to see this movie but there is no way to do it until Ben goes home in a week and a half. Ahh, the sweet sacrafice of parenthood. While I wouldn't trade it for the world, your praise of this movie doesn't help my anticipation any...
I'm glad to hear Ben's not going... I guess the silver lining to having to wait a while is you will be able to show up 20 minutes early to get a good seat. Eric and I got there 50 minutes early and there was already a sizable line-up, but we got fantastic seats, so it was worth it.
Ian and I are going. I love these types of movies.
Dad is itching to use the movie gift card you gave him. But he's thinking that he can wait till his birthday Thursday. Not sure if I can! Love Mom
Thanks for the review- my sister (13) and I were going to see it, but we're going to Mama Mia instead. Batman looks awesome though and I will definitely have to see it! Fun running into you in the temple the other night!
We really want to see this one, but we have a hard time finding a baby sitter... maybe we'll have to try a little harder!
Post a Comment