Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Ian

Today is Ian's 8th Birthday. When I think back about his birth, I actually smile. His was the best of all four! My water broke at home in the middle of the night, got to the hospital in time to have an epidural and he was born 2 hours later. It just doesn't get any better than that, even though I had the most anxiety leading up to his birth. (After Megan's delivery, I was worried about another surprise "breech" or about having him on the highway trying to get to our hospital which was 25 miles away and required travelling through a heavy traffic corridor.) In the end, it all worked out perfectly and we had our Ian who was 7 pounds 8 ounces. I remember the anestiesieologist who gave me the epidural. She was the best! When she came back to check on me, I was crying for joy... this was the first (and only) birth where I truly had NO PAIN. So, thank you Ian for that gift to me!



Ian on his "birth" day...
2001


2002

2003



2004 (I LOVE this picture of him! )

2005 Ian with Uncle Jon


2006 on the beach in Maui
2007 Celebrating his birthday on the beach in Puerto Penasco, Mexico (aka Rocky Point) with Grandpa

2008 Celebration photos to be posted soon! Stay Tuned!

4 comments:

Elise said...

Happy Birthday Ian!!! Wow how time flies - it was like yesterday when you were born! I can't believe you are 8 already! I am so proud of you! Kate and Matt (well us too) miss you. I promise we will come to visit. Love you!!!

Kayla, Nic, Paige, Ellie and Maddy said...

Happy birthday Ian!
All of your boys look just alike!
Have a fun day!
I love the Maui picture!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear Ian! You are looking so grown up. And I can't believe you've kept your blond hair. Have a great day and we will be seeing you soon. We miss you loads and loads! Love Grandma and Grandpa

Melissa said...

What a cutie! I hope it was a wonderful day :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails