At 7:30 a.m. we arrived in Mesa for the 39th annual Turkey Trot. The kids all ran a 2 mile fun run and Eric and I did the 10K. 

Trying to keep the little guy warm.... it rained heavily all night!
Megan with Halle and Marin...

Ian was hoping to let Brayden push him, but he did really well on his run!
Taylor lining up at the start... he finished well... too bad the 2 mile run wasn't competitive!
The 10k didn't go as well for Eric and I as we'd both hoped. Eric wanted to finish in 40 minutes, but it wasn't meant to be. He finished around the 45 minute mark. I was running slower than I wanted to, but feeling good until the 3.5 mile mark... my darn knees... the ITB pain flared up in my left knee and I was really stupid and kept running for another mile. Yep, not such a brilliant idea... now I'm paying for it. My knee is very sore and climbing up and down our stairs is absolutely brutal!
Taylor lining up at the start... he finished well... too bad the 2 mile run wasn't competitive!
The 10k didn't go as well for Eric and I as we'd both hoped. Eric wanted to finish in 40 minutes, but it wasn't meant to be. He finished around the 45 minute mark. I was running slower than I wanted to, but feeling good until the 3.5 mile mark... my darn knees... the ITB pain flared up in my left knee and I was really stupid and kept running for another mile. Yep, not such a brilliant idea... now I'm paying for it. My knee is very sore and climbing up and down our stairs is absolutely brutal! This afternoon we are getting ready to take the kids out for a movie... we are going to go see this:



And then we are going to have dinner here... that's right... no cooking for me! Yay!

5 comments:
Sounds like a great way to spend the day. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Love Mom
It was good to see you today! My knees were bothering me today too. Bummer.
It was great seeing you! I'm so sorry about your knees... dang! That's what happens when your competitive and keep running (been there done that)!
So you did some convincing and went to Mimi's. What a nice day for you!
Girl...you need to learn your limitations. Take care of yourself and enjoy some "sit down time", OK?
we just took the kids last night to see that, very cute!!!!
how is your calling?
Post a Comment