Friday, December 19, 2008

Recommendations

Here are some of my favorite Christmas Books... just wanted to share some because I love a good sappy, heart warming story of "giving" this time of year....


Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

This is not your average John Grisham novel! The movie Christmas with the Kranks was based on this novel and the movie is great, but the book is even better! I bought this book and then loaned it out a few years ago... so if you have my copy, now is the time to fess up! ;-)




The Christmas Train by David Baldacci

(again, not his typical novel) This is a fun Christmas story - romance, danger, second chances, etc....



The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson

I loved reading this book - it falls in the kids genre, but very touching and entertaining anyway!



Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

This is a sappy feel good story about giving... and a great material for a family night lesson or a christmas "experiment" for your own family. I attend TOFW in San Diego where Jason Wright was a presenter, so I feel like I know him personally, even if I really don't....




The Christmas Shoes by Donna VanLiere

This is the first in a series, which I really enjoyed. They are all super short, so you could read all of them in a day or two and in the end, the books come full circle and connect again, which I always enjoy!




Shepherds Abiding by Jan Karon

This is kinda part of the Mitford Series... you can read it separately or as part of the bigger whole, but definately more enjoyable when you have some background knowledge on the residents of Mitford....

Visions of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich

This is a Christmas "extra" in the Stephenie Plum series. I started reading those books, but had to quit... I couldn't handle the "potty mouth" of Lula (the x-hooker, bounty hunter associate). But, if you've ever read just one Stephenie Plum book, read this one too, it's pretty clean and an interesting twist on the usual christmas story!

And last, but definately not least...

Unplug the Christmas Machine by Jo Robinson

This is the book for you if you need to detox, take a step back and simplify your Christmas. It really helped me gain perspective on why we make ourselves crazy at Christmas and how we can simplify things, yet enjoy the spirit of the season even more!

So, now it's your turn to share... what are your favorite Christmas Books?

2 comments:

Sheri said...

My favorite is Christmas Day in the Morning and the one story about the little boy who is deaf in one ear then does an act of service and ends up getting his hearing back. I don't know what it's called.

Melissa said...

Hmmm... I don't know if I have a favorite Christmas book! I've never read "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" till this year... I'm reading it with the kids :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails