Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gym Challenge


My brother and I started a gym challenge two weeks ago... then we both got sick and well, it hasn't gone too well since...


This week I went to the gym twice - Tuesday I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical and Thursday I swam laps for 30 minutes... (during which time I think I pulled a muscle in my ribcage...) Now it hurts when I cough or sneeze or laugh too much! Saturday I stayed home and did 45 minutes of Yoga. That's all I have to report for the last week. I hope to improve this week. But really, I need more than just "bragging rights" on the blog to motivate me... I think we need to be working towards some kind of reward, don't you agree, Adam?


So, if any of our blog buddies have any ideas for a "reward" please let me know. We live over 1000 miles away from each other and we are both on a tight budget. Any suggestions would definately be welcome!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I believe that you both enjoy photography. I think that it be nice to make up a framed picture of your favorite nature scene and present it to whomever wins the challange? It wouldn't have to be expensively framed, but rather it would be something that you treasure and enjoy that you would like to share.
Just a thought.

Iver said...

FINALLY -- a challenge update! Iver and I will have to put some thought into your question. Good for you for getting in the time you have in spite of your crazy family schedule!

Janine

Sheri said...

Maybe you have to put a quarter in a jar everytime you go to the gym and whoever goes the most at the end of the year gets all the quarters?

Melissa said...

Hmm... a reward? I'll have to think on that a bit. My brain is drawing a blank right now
But I think it's awesome that you guys are doing it! Sounds like you got some great workouts done last week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails