
If you are tired of me blogging about Pink Eye, you can bet I'm that much more tired of fighting it. Megan was a false alarm, whew! But tonight as we gathered kids together to read scriptures together, we noticed Brayden's right eye... red, swollen and yellow goop oozing from it.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????
I was totally gearing myself up to make my grand reappearance at the gym where I've only been once in the last 6 weeks due to injury and then chicken pox and then pink eye and then a horrific head cold... Just as I thought I could resume my normal routine, I get slapped with this one AGAIN!
If I thought treating Pink Eye was a pain with my older boys, it holds nothing to pinning down a screaming 3 year old and trying to get Antibiotic eye drops in his eyes. Of course, I'm treating both eyes now, because with a 3 year old, there's no chance that it won't spread to both eyes by tomorrow. The first drop wasn't too difficult, but the second drop was torture. He kept screaming, "That hurts me!!! That hurts me!!!" and was it so hard for me to administer the medicine anyway. I felt so bad. Five more days of this.... oh joy!
Tomorrow I'm gearing up for a long day filled with Laundry and Sterilizing. I'm thinking that maybe they are picking it up from each other on the couch cushions... one thing in the house that everyone touches, but never gets washed in the washer. I'm going to be using my steam vac tomorrow to clean the couches and lots and lots and lots of Lysol. And of course, I get to wash the boys bedding... again... for the second time in a week.
Aren't you glad you aren't me?????
11 comments:
Ohhh... I'm so sorry! But now you got me nervous! Thankfully I'm a germ freak with my kids and carry anti-bacterial stuff with me at all times. Hope we don't get anything and good luck this week... SHEESH! Hang in there!
No fun! Lucy got pink eye this week too, but she is such a trooper! I have her lay on the couch and put her hands under her bum which gives me a little reaction time to swat them down before she rubs them. And I told her that any toy she put in her eye would get pink eye and have to be thrown away. Here's hoping!
I'm so sorry :( Hopefully you will be able to stop it from spreading to anyone else. Couldn't they give you the ointment? I found that it was a lot easier to spread on my kids eyes, rather than trying the drops... good luck with your cleanin :S
YES!! That sucks. grateful for my own problems today!
Ok, so you haven't been to the gym inthe last few weeks. I haven't beento the gym in the last few months. So I pose the, whats the right ward, challenge? Not sure. Anyway, You name a date in the near future and I will match your gym attendence. Let me know if you are up to the challange, sis.
Bro, I'm definately up to the challenge!!! I need something to motivate me... what did you have in mind????
Wow, what a drag to never leave the house. I'll keep my fingers crossed you make it this time.
By the way Dad and I are in on the gym challenge!
Lay down your terms!
When two of my kids had that once, the Dr gave me scripts for the third one, now you aren't suppose to do this but I filled all three, but only used one bottle and I just put some in all three kids eyes b/c I was trying to prevent, and it worked.
only b/c I was pretty sure the other was starting to get it. But anyway, when they got it last time, I had a whole bottle full.
Here's a little suggestion I read about online for helping children with pink eye. Have them lie down and close their eyes. Drop the drop in the corner of their eye making a little
"well". Then simply have them open their eyes and let the drop seep in. It seems lots less traumatic. Let me know if it works.
I remember one year after chirstmas both Paige & Ellie got pink eye, Ellie was only 10 months old....Paige was only 2. It was horrible getting those drops in....that is why i am such a crazy person when I hear someone has it! Good luck to you....I hope the coming week gets better for you!
I feel your pain! We've been doing the same kind of thing...everyone but me has been on antibiotics in the last month...Ethan & Emma both twice! Crazy business, this time of year! By the way, LOVE the LOST countdown...email me your thoughts after the premiere (if you don't blog your thoughts about it).
Post a Comment