Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Shhh....

Megan woke up with blotchy red eyes today... after she showered she showed them to me and I said, "looks like you've got pink eye too... guess you're staying home...." ....ugh....

Then twenty minutes later, I looked in her eyes and they looked completely normal... and I thought, maybe it's not pink eye... maybe she just got soap in her eyes and rubbed them a lot in the shower... maybe we are just overly sensitive to blotchy eyes around here and I'm over reacting....

so I did what any mother would do in my shoes ... I gave her some leftover drops from Ian's bottle (I didn't touch his eyes with them, so the bottle should be clean) and I charged her with a vow of silence about the potential pink eye problem. I also told her to avoid too many "girlfriend hugs" and other things that might spread germs, that we may or may not have... just to be safe, you know... and told her to finish getting ready for school.

Yeah, I know, you think I'm terrible... sending my daughter to school when she may be carrying a very contagious virus.... but... if you were in my shoes and spent the last 3 weeks of school vacation taking care of sick people that had to be quarantined in my house, you'd do the same.

Trust me...

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I completely agree!! I've done something similar before and it turned out fine :)

Kayla, Nic, Paige, Ellie and Maddy said...

YIKES!! I hope none of the mom's from her class are reading your blog!!!! I hope it ends up being nothing........

Anonymous said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hope it's a false alarm.

Sheri said...

I would've sent my kid too.

Karen said...

Don't worry your secret is safe with me. You surely know what's best. Besides...if she had pink eye (really) she would not have improved. After looking into Uncle Stan's pink eyes for some 12days now, I know what I'm talkin' about.

Methodical Wormer said...

Totally from the shower. Pink eye symptoms wouldn't just go away like that, would they?

I say, good call and no worries.

Anonymous said...

I would do that as well. I know how hard it is to have all the kids home sick - it feels very claustrophobic.

Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails