- We signed Taylor up for OYA at BYU-I this summer. (If you don't know what this is, it's a "outdoorsy" version of EFY that includes hiking, white water rafting and sleeping in tents.) It's probably going to cost me a small fortune to get him there (because Southwest and other discount carriers don't fly anywhere near it...). OR... I might drive him up and spend 2.5 weeks wandering Southeast Idaho and Utah visiting friends and family, crashing on various couches along the way... not sure which one will prevail, yet. If you'd welcome my behind on your couch with 3-4 kids in tow, let me know. That might sway the decision a bit!
- So, I'm on Facebook. It's fun, but kinda lame at the same time. I need to learn how to manage the feed settings better. Like I really don't care when a "friend" of mine comments on a picture of someone they are "friends" with on a picture of someone that I don't know. I've decided that facebook is for people that are too lazy to blog.
- The other day, Taylor accidently wrote on his facebook wall "Taylor is nothing." After several comments from friends and a concerned inquiry from the parents, he realized that he thought he had written, "Taylor is doing nothing." Big difference!
- I'm back on the "injured reserved" and not going to the gym. I strained some muscles in my rib cage which my PT friend told me belong to the "intercostal" family of muscles and I basically need about 2 weeks of rest and lots of motrin. I'm not in pain most of the time, but if I sneeze, I'm in agony for about 20 minutes while my muscles relax and unclench.
- Unfortunately, Eric and I were both lamenting last night that we were both feeling the slight onset of a headcold... and then this morning, my throat was screaming when I woke up. I guess I'm off to buy Zicam and other assorted drugs today. Must avoid sneezing at all costs!
- I'm celebrating the end of football season this week. I love superbowl parties... not for the football... but because I get to have friends over to hang out, eat lots of great food, and say goodbye to football on Monday nights for another six months.
- My DVR is busy right now... 24, Heroes, Lost and the Office. We've been invited over to a friend's house to watch American Idol tonight... maybe I'll convert over to that as well. Does anyone know when Project Runway starts again? And what channel is it going to be on... I seem to remember that Bravo sold the show to another channel, but I don't remember which one.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Random Bits of Nothing
Labels:
random facts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just reacently got on My-space. I only did so so I could see my sisters page, but it also now let's me get to other family members. I do not understand the facitanito with it at all. I agree with you, it is for the lazy people who don't blog! I have always been a huge American Idol fan, I hate the first few weeks though of the try-outs, it is embarassing! Hope you feel better!
I like Facebook. I don't know why. I guess I'm just a nosy person.
Jared and Adam did that OYA a few years ago - and LOVED it.
Yuck, sick again and injured all at the same time. Try Emergen C!! I think it finally helped me kick the 3 week never ending cold.
So funny, for you Super Bowl indicates the end of football and a husband back. For me, it's the beginning of NASCAR and the end of seeing my husband for 10 months on Sundays.
No word on Project Runway. The production company sold the rights to Lifetime without telling Bravo so Bravo is suing. So no Project Runway for the time being. The finale is being taped at Fashion Week on the 20th though. Here's an article about the whole deal... http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedition/friday/news/ny-etrun306016758jan30,0,5578481.story
Post a Comment