Thursday, October 29, 2009

For the Love of Four Year Olds


A couple of funny exchanges Brayden and I have had over the last day or two:


Yesterday morning, we are on the couch cuddling under a blanket. I said, "Wow... Brayden you have dragon breath!"

Brayden just stares at me thoughtfully as if he's trying to decide if this is a good or a bad thing. Then in slow motion, he leans in really close to me and opens his mouth ever so slowly and begins to exhale like when you are fogging up a mirror with your own breath, " H-H-H-A-A-A-A-A-A"... right in my face.

Then he just smiles... Mission Accomplished.




Earlier this morning, we are still debating what costume he will wear to preschool today. It's two days before Halloween, but this kid gets to dress up today, tomorrow and Saturday. I don't care what he picks (even if it's a different outfit each time,) but it must be something we already have. For him, being the last of 4 kids, there are plenty of choices.

Me: So are you going to wear the Knight costume to school today?
Brayden: No, I'm going to be a ninja.
M: We don't have a ninja.
B: NNNOOO, a ninja clone.
M: We don't have a ninja clone either.
B: You can make one for me.
M: Why don't you make it?
B: Well, that would be HARD!



And just a minute ago, Brayden was watching me play Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. He says, "mom, I want to play on the computer." I reply with my standard stall tactic, "you have to take a bath before you can play on the computer." He runs off into the bathroom and I hear the sink running. He runs back, triumphant, and says, "Mom, I made my hair flat, so I can play on the computer now!" Nice try, little man, nice try.


3 comments:

CoffeeGrind said...

For reference, I saw that you scored a hihgher bejeweled score than we have. So I made itmy mission to get a higher score. Which I did. And I didn't have to take a shower first!!

Anonymous said...

He has had several examples in your household of how to act up. (And that includes Eric!) So you now have a pro. It should only get better as he gets older!

Elise said...

Don't you just love 4 year old. Just so full of wisdom and quick come-backs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails