Friday, October 30, 2009

On the Edge

I'm just one step away from insanity today. It's the culmination of a long string of events that have stacked one on top of another... I'm tired, I'm stressed, I'm emotionally drained.

I have re-arranged every commitment I had this week to accomodate my kids today. They each have something important for me to go to. Brayden has a Halloween Carnival at school. Ian has the school-wide BBQ lunch for students and families. Megan is performing with the High School Marching Band tonight during the Football game's Halftime show. And Taylor has the Regional Swim Competition today. Last night, I carefully planned out my schedule so that I could attend each and every one of these events. There is no flexibility in my schedule today and it's going to be tight. Very tight... but just barely do-able.

Taylor's swim meet is supposed to run from 1-3:30 p.m. After he got on the bus this morning, he sent me a text saying the meet would be over at 1 p.m.

WHAT!?!?

Seriously, I'm about ready to lose it. This is likely his last meet. It's a BIG deal. I have re-arranged my life to be there, and now they might be changing the time?

I have a flyer printed out with the schedule and contact information for the meet director that was sent home at the beginning of the week. The district is running this meet. If they variate from the schedule they have printed and advertised, and I show up to find out my son has already finished, I'm going to lose it in a big way.

So if you could, keep your fingers crossed for me today... (really it's the district athletic director you should be worried about....) I would be eternally grateful.

It's going to be a long day.

UPDATE:

So, apparantly, I was confused about which Regional Conference we belong to. Thank goodness I had the thought to check that before sending a blasting email to the district athletic director. Because of this confusion, I missed Taylor's events, but he called me and filled me in on his times. He swam the 200 in 2:12 and the 500 in 6:09. The 500 time is his personal best. He doesn't know if he will move up to the finals tomorrow. I really hope he makes it in one of them since I missed it today. We'll see...

On a more negative note, while trying to drive my beast of a truck into the city parking garage to attend Brayden's preschool carnival, I scuffed the front passenger bumper on the brick wall. If you know my hubby, you are cringing right now in a big way. Don't worry, I already fessed up, and even took a picture of the damage and sent it to his phone.

On a more positive note, I think this day may have hit rock bottom. It can only get better from here, right? Do you ever have a day where you wish you could go back to bed and hit the reset button?

6 comments:

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Yes, I do have those days. Usually those are the days when Sonic provides dinner for us. Enjoy a strawberry sprite for me okay?

Anonymous said...

Boy do Dad and I wish we were there to help out.
We love you and the kids will always remember that you tried to be super mom! You are doing great!

Shumway Family said...

No, I never have days like that. My life is perfect and my children obey me. You are strange! :) Love you Christy!!! I just ate half a bag of Halloween sized Twix. I'm toast for the holidays!

Anonymous said...

you are balancing such a load... are you still rs pres?

hugs and hope today is better

Dezaree said...

the past 5 months have been rock bottom for me. I am waiting for my days to get better. Hasn't happened yet. Hope yours recovers quicker than mine. Thinking about you. I need to write you back.

The State of Our Family said...

I have SO felt that way...MANY times! But, I can't even imagine trying to keep up with FOUR kids schedules. You are amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails