Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Grass is Always Greener...

The kids have had two full weeks off school. Yesterday and today are also vacation for the kids while teachers go back for inservice. Tomorrow will be our first day back. I've decided that 2 weeks is perfect. 14 days is too much!

Here's a few reasons as to why it would have been better for school to start on Monday:

If I have to watch one more cheesey Scooby-Doo movie, I'm going to lose it.

I think we've seen every SpongeBob episode ever made in the last two weeks, and some of them twice.

Arguments and meltdowns over whose turn it is to control the TV/XBOX have been happening hourly.

The last few days it's been too hot to play outside. And the pool has been too cold to swim in.

I was actually starting to like my get up at 6 a.m. routine. Now I have to start all over again getting used to it.

Decisions on what to be for Halloween are still going on. Even though I've been firm in my commitment to NOT buy anything new for costumes. We are going green this year and re-using stuff we already have. (Sounds noble, but it's just code for "mom is lazy and cheap".)

I have less than 3 weeks left to train for the Desert Grande Triathlon. It's so much harder to get my sorry butt to the gym when everyone is laying around in pj's watching cartoons. I just want to be lazy too.... (and I have been, much more than I should have!)

My house looks like a tornado has whipped through. And no matter how much we clean it up, it looks like this again in less than a couple hours. Even teenagers make their fair share of messes... especially in the kitchen, since they know how to cook too!

So, tomorrow, the grind begins again. Homework, cub scouts, commitments and meetings. I know within 2 weeks, I'll be counting down the minutes to Christmas Vacation. But I am tired of being lazy... who knew that could happen? I will likely be absent in blogland for the next few days. If I'm not cleaning my house from top to bottom, I'll be sneaking time to read Dan Brown's latest novel.... when I'm not at the gym, of course!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

My kids went back today. And let me tell you I was tettering on the edge of insanity. So glad they are back at the grind - so I can get back to it too.

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Getting back to the real world of time schedules and routines are hard. When we had 3 months off for the summer with you kids, by the end of August we were going nuts with "Mom, I'm bored!" So the trade off is some more peace and quiet in the house, right?

Craig said...

Sounds like you need a good movie where lots of stuff blows up as an antidote for scooby and Sponge Bob. It works for me after I've spent some time at your house when the kids are home.

Kayla, Nic, Paige, Ellie and Maddy said...

We are getting ready to "track off" on October 30th, then have all of November off...Part of me is excitted to get out of the crazy morning routine and all the homework, but i know the fun will only last for about 1 week then i will be reeady to send them back!!

Im the same with the halloween costume....Paige is the only one that get's a new costume, the other 2 get to choose from all the old costumes...so far that has worked out good, but Maddy is for some reason wanting to be rebelious and insit on being something that is not in the box! In the end, I will win...
Have a great weekend!
P.S. I will be back to blogging this week...Yeah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails