I was kidding myself if I thought a trip to the Grand Canyon with a 4 year old boy would consist of Rest or Relaxation. But we love camping, so it's always worth it!
Weather wise, it was cold, overcast and windy quite often. No rain or snow, but lots of clouds. Doesn't exactly make for good scenery shots... It seemed like the clouds really muted the gorgeous colors of the canyon. I did get a couple that I like, but no sunset photos. What a bummer!
I did take lots of people shots and animals... oh, the animals. Of course, you have to be quick to get the animals, so they aren't the greatest photos, but we saw a ton of wildlife! And the kid shots... well, just keep in mind that everyone is wearing camping clothes. Which as you know, often are worn out and mismatched. If I had known I was going to be pointing my camera so much at the kids this trip, I would have been more discriminate in their clothing choices! (And even though I can't seem to find a single picture where Ian isn't scowling, he really did have fun!) Here are some random highlights and pictures I liked from the trip:
Fall Colors... only yellow, but still - proof of fall! Yeah!

Here is one of the two canyon shots I am happy with. The clouds are probably the most interesting part!

This tree kept all the kids entertained for about 30 minutes... and better yet, it was 15-20 feet from the edge. We could actually look over the edge and enjoy the scenery for a few minutes without worrying about a certain someone falling off the edge!
This is a great shot of Taylor... don't get a lot of genuine smiles out of him for the camera much anymore either!
My girlie girl... she lived with this beanie hat on the entire trip!
Squeezed together on the shuttle bus. It was way more crowded this year in October than it was 3 years ago when we visited with Jeff and Molly's family.
This is the other canyon shot I like. One of these trips, I'm going to have to get some sunrise photos. That means getting up and hiking to the canyon edge before the sun comes up. Hmmm... maybe not... 
The kids with Grandma and Grandpa... waiting to see if the sunset will be worthwhile. It was a dud!
A half smile, but not the real deal:




1 comment:
Great pictures! Your parents seem like such wonderful grandparents! Fun times!!
Post a Comment