My 36th birthday was good to me. No, let me re-phrase that. My great friends and family were good to me! My kids got ready for school on their own without me having to nag them, and my greatest girl friends here in AZ met me for lunch at my favorite BBQ place, which incidentally gave me a free meal because it was my birthday!
Thanks to my awesome and way-too-generous hubby, I have a new baby. A new baby that I've been planning for for a couple years now, but one I didn't expect to actually have in my hands until next summer. He'd been dropping hints that he wanted to get this for me for my birthday this year. I kept saying "NO." I do the budget, after all, and I just couldn't justify it in the pre-christmas budget. In the way that only a husband can do, he wore me down. He took me to the store just to check them out. It was all over after that. Once I played with them, he knew I had to have it. I hadn't even been researching them because I knew it would just make me want to have one, so I was avoiding the camera scene altogether! Once he finally got the green light, then it was the big decision... which camera to buy?

I have had 2 Canon cameras. I have LOVED every single one. In my mind, the question wasn't which brand to buy, but which Canon to buy. But everyone Eric talked to told him he should look into the Nikon D90. So he did the homework, and the research proved the Nikon to be superior camera. So, that's the one we went with. I was nervous about learning a new interface to work with, but so far it's been easy. And it takes AMAZING photos.
I know these aren't super exciting, but since I've been down sick all week, I haven't had the energy to go out for a real photo shoot. Plus, all last week it was overcast. I couldn't get one scenery shot with a stunning blue sky. If I had been more prepared, it would have been the perfect week for our annual kid photo shoot, but I wasn't prepared for that. So, one day when I walked to get the mail, I took the camera with me and got these flower shots. I can't wait to get out this week and really put this thing through the paces!!!!
5 comments:
Love the pictures, and Im sooo jelouse of the camera! I don't know what I would do with that thing, I would be lost! Can't wait to see more pictures!
I am sure you will enjoy it immensely. I think my brother wants one, but he has a nice Canon (20D) and can't justify the expense. We are really looking forward to all the great pictures! Have fun!
Yea!!! Love cameras! I've heard the nikons are awesome too! I've had sonys so i stick with them. Your flowers are amazing. and I love how the behind the scenes is blurred. How do you do that?
Anyways, happy Birthday!
FUN, FUN, FUN! Great shots of the flowers! Look forward to much more! :)
I am so jealous, what a cool camera!!!!
did I ever tell you about the youtube video about Scranton/WB?
I thought we were the same age... you youngin' glad 36 is good to you:)
Post a Comment