Thursday, March 11, 2010

Last Friday...

These are the pictures I took at the temple grounds when Brayden and I went for a walk there last week.




I haven't learned too many cool things to do with my camera yet, but one thing I have tinkered with is the camera's editing menu. Inside the camera, I can fix red-eye, do a fill flash on shadowed faces, crop and change the color scheme. All inside the camera before I upload to computer. Total awesomeness, yes?

Exhibit A: this one just has the fill flash... look at the shadows on his face and shorts in the first shot, then take a look at how they are reduced in the second. My old photo editing software used to turn skin orange when you tried to do this very thing.Exhibit B: first shot is the original. Second shot is after I cropped and applied D-lighting. (Nikon's fancy name for the fill flash.)
I have barely scratched the surface with all the cool things the camera menu can do. I finally ordered a copy of the newest Photoshop Elements 8 yesterday, so I am excited to really learn how to do some fun stuff! Taking some time to play around with the camera and computer are on my "to do" list during spring break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos! Those modifications are pretty nice. I was just reviewing the manual for our little camera last night hoping to recall how to take good pics on our vacation --- I just can't remember that stuff when I don't use it and HATE when my pics don't turn out! Hopefully I'll have some photo luck. Janine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails